Monday, May 18, 2009

Introducing the New and Improved ...

So Saturday morning, I'm in the kitchen working on the cake pops.
Which turned our lovely btw. Thanks for asking.
A-Man comes schadoodling into the kitchen. He had been cleaning his room.
With his hands behind his back he says:
"Mommy, I have a surprise for you!"
"Great, I love surprises! Let's see it"

I know, you're thinking moldy PB and J or deceased frog that was left to live out its final moments in a little boy's pocket.

Nope.

"Mommy, it's a thread machine. I found it in my room and I just knew you could use it when you were sewing. See it has brown, shiny thread in it. And it's really soft."

Any guesses?

How about a cassette tape. The "tape" aka "thread" had been pulled out and wrapped around the outside of the cassette SEVERAL times. Who would have thought a contraption like that could produce music? Nope. Thread Machine.

3 comments:

elisa said...

Hilarious. Reminds me when I was teaching 5th grade and a student asked me what those things were that played music and the thing spins around. A record player? LOL! Am I that old?

Tara said...

Too funny! He is very creative like his mom.

Amanda Rickman said...

children do not know what cassettes are. very sad! On the other hand, how inventive.