Friday, September 7, 2007

Crazy Animal Lovers

I wouldn't consider myself an animal lover.

Definitely NOT a dog person. (However, we have promised A-man he can have one when we buy a house next year. So I'm gonna have to deal with my issues.) I was bitten by a pit bull when I was 5. You just never forget things like that.

Growing up in the country, we had all sorts of animals. Horses, a donkey, a mule, cats, dogs, rabbits, a tarantula, ducks, a deformed calf. Before your visions of me growing up on some kind of freakazoid petting zoo go any further . . . you should know that we didn't have all of those animals at any one given time.

My sister has always been the animal person. The deformed calf was hers. My ducks were normal. She would take hers down to the pond for a swim, claims to this day she could hear them giggling, and would always dry them off with a towel after their swim. We kind of shared the tarantula, but I had absolutely nothing to do with Harrietta's funeral that was videotaped while the soundtrack to "The Bodyguard" played softly in the background. No, I'm not joking. Seriously, you can't make this stuff up! If you are lucky some day I will tell you more about the deformed calf!!

And, no my sister isn't that weird either. She functions normally in society. I adore her and her stinky ferret.

In honor of my sis, all of the other animal lovers, and those of us that don't get it but play along anyway . . . check out these links!

Fuzzy Nation

Ferret Couture

1 comment:

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

puppy purse stands?!?! ferret fashion?!?! Geez oh Pete. I love animals but that's nauseating!

So I hear you were the hit of the Skinny Improv party last night...maybe YOU should be doing theatre!

The snot has stopped running out of my nose...I just have the get the headaches under control.